Friday, May 20, 2011

Mango Lassi

This is a wonderfully refreshing drink to help soothe your fiery mouth when eating spicy food (since water only seems to fan the flames). Looking at this photo, you might think my daughter was eating chicken curry and needed to cool her tongue off in a hurry. But she wanted no part of the curry, so she used her mango lassi as a palate cleanser between bites of hot dog and broccoli.

 

MANGO LASSI

approx. 5 cups

2 cups plain whole or low-fat yogurt
2 cups pureed fresh mango or frozen mango pulp
1/2 cup orange juice (can substitute lemon or lime juice)
3 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk (you can substitute 3/4 cup ice cubes if using fresh mango)
________________________________________________________________________

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

I used frozen pulp because the mangoes just aren't that great yet.
At least I used fresh squeezed orange juice.
pouring in the o.j.
squeezing in the honey
small fingers love to do the honor of pushing the button
as a matter of fact, they don't really want to stop pushing
frothy
a happy customer (and the aforementioned hot dog)

The hot dog is uncured and organic (in case that scores me some
mom points (I know someone is keeping track; I can just feel it).

.

2 comments:

Judie Cleland said...

Looks refreshing. Love seeing your model!

Elizabeth (Foodie, Formerly Fat) said...

I'd never had this until you served it to me at your house last year. I love it. I make it as a breakfast smoothie sometimes using non-fat plain Greek yogurt. It's filling and delicious!

Post a Comment